Wednesday 5 June 2019

I would triumph over my political opponents, says Amosun

Former Ogun state governor Ibikunle Amosun on Wednesday, June 5, said he is not afraid of any gang up against him by his political foes.

According to Daily Trust, Amosun who just returned to the country from lesser hajj in Saudi Arabia, spoke at his family house in Abeokuta.

The former governor made the comment in wakes of his renewed feud with some chieftains of the All Progressives Congress (APC) including the incumbent governor, Prince Dapo Abiodun and former Governor Olusegun Osoba.

He boasted that he would triumph over his alleged traducers and political opponents.

READ ALSO: US court found Gbajabiamila guilty of withholding client’s $25,000 - Report

He stated that irrespective of the circumstances surrounding his exit from office, he was glad that “contractors are still carrying on with my projects, especially roads and flyovers.”

His words: “Please continue to pray for me. Somebody asked what I did to them, that they are many. I said how many are they? I said if they are 20 before, pray that I should handle 200 enemies.

“Almighty Allah will overcome them. For me, I’m just doing my bit. I’m no God, I am human, I would have my faults but God knows and that is why I’m saying I’m at peace with my creator.

“When I came in Tuesday night, I saw what is happening. Everywhere contractors were working, they are still working because we paid them and we asked them to continue with the work. It does not matter; it is about Ogun state and I’m happy.

“Today, to the glory of Almighty Allah, people are still working and we have paid them. They will continue to do the work until when the money they’ve given them is exhausted. So, Almighty Allah will continue to be with all of us. Please, we need prayers. Please, continue to pray for us.”

READ ALSO: Bode is sick in the mind - Jimi Agbaje blasts PDP chieftain again

Meanwhile, the new Imo state governor, Emeka Ihedioha, on Tuesday, May 28, said he would step on toes in his style of governance.

According to Ihedioha, stepping on toes is necessary to do the right thing, adding that his government will run a focused administration aimed at addressing the disturbing issues affecting the people of the state.

Stay with Legit and keep track of the latest news in Nigeria!

Why Governors Steal? Rochas Okorocha of Imo State | Legit TV

Source: Legit



Related Posts

I would triumph over my political opponents, says Amosun
4/ 5
Oleh

Subscribe via email

Like the post above? Please subscribe to the latest posts directly via email.