Friday 28 June 2019

From Meeting at a Wedding they Both Didn’t want to Attend! Here’s Tara & Tunde’s Prewedding Shoot + Love Story

Tara and Tunde reluctantly attended a friend’s wedding due to persuasion from both their mothers, who claimed they just might meet someone nice. And they both found each other! From then on, they went on a couple of dates and formed a great friendship. Two years later, #TheTeestory2019 had a beautiful plot twist in their love story.

The bride-to-be, Tara, narrates how they met and how Tunde proposed to her in the sweetest of ways. It’s interesting how they went from meeting at a wedding they both didn’t want to attend to now planning their own special day.

If you will love to read more love stories and see more pre-wedding shoots, Catch up here on www.bellanaijaweddings.com.

How We Met
by the bride-to-be, Tara

I met Tunde at a friend’s wedding in 2016. Funny enough, I didn’t want to go to the wedding and neither did Tunde but both our mothers told us to go that maybe we’ll meet somebody nice and they were right because we did! He came to the wedding with one of his friends who I happened to know, he introduced us to each other and we spoke, laughed and gisted all night long. Towards the end of the night, he offered to drop my friend and I at home. I agreed and we exchanged numbers also. After that, Tunde and I literally spent every single day going on dates and, talking every day – fast forward two years later, nothing has changed. Tunde and I have formed a great friendship and we have literally been on cloud nine.

When it had come to a point where we ready for us to take our relationship to the next stage, the pressure was on by our families. But, I still wanted to enjoy the process. One day, we went to visit Tunde’s brother and his brother asked “have you heard from God about Tunde? Are you guys going to get married?” I said, “yes, of course, I’m just waiting for Tunde.” He then asked Tunde and I was shocked to hear, “I haven’t heard from God and I am still waiting…” I was so upset and I thought my ring was coming any day now. Yet, I had to understand that if he hasn’t heard from God – maybe it wasn’t our time yet?

A week later Tunde and I took a trip to Dubai. When we got to the Gold Souk, Tunde and I were trying on chains, bracelets as that were what we came to the Gold Souk to buy. Then Tunde said ‘let’s look at rings’ I said fashion rings? He said ‘no engagement rings’ – I was thinking you that you haven’t heard from God but he said he just wanted to have an idea of how much it would cost and what I like when the time comes. So I said ‘ok why not’. We went to a couple of shops and the third shop we went to, the first ring I tried on, I loved it!! I was shouting – OMG this is my ring!!

Tunde was just laughing. I did not want to leave the shop without the ring. He came to whisper in my ear that ‘ don’t worry the time isn’t now but when it is the time you will love your ring like you love this one’. So we left and I went to buy hair and jewellery to take my mind off my ring! Tunde at some point said he was going to buy us water, I didn’t even think anything of it little did I know that he was really going back to my ring, which I know now.

About a month later, Tunde said we were going for his friend’s birthday dinner in a couple of weeks. I said, ‘no problem, as long as we are still going to church the night before the ‘dinner’. I told him we need to go and pray and seek God’s face so he could hear from God regarding me being his wife. He agreed. Tunde had warned me that the dinner was really formal and big so my sister agreed to follow to pick outfits. His friend’s wife even spoke to me about the dinner the week before to make sure we were coming and would be on time. So I made the effort to look my best that night.

We got to the dinner and his friend’s wife came to get us so the celebrant wouldn’t bump into us on his way in and rushed us into the private dining room. I walked in and saw lights – I was like ahhh we are not the birthday boy oooh. So I turned my head to look at Tunde and I saw him smile, put his hand in his pocket and kneel down !! He asked me to be his wife turns out he had heard from God long ago!

The fun definitely doesn’t stop here, head over to www.bellanaijaweddings.com for more.

Credits

Bride-to-be: @omotara1
Photography: @euclase_ltd
Planner: @rdweddings

The post From Meeting at a Wedding they Both Didn’t want to Attend! Here’s Tara & Tunde’s Prewedding Shoot + Love Story appeared first on BellaNaija - Showcasing Africa to the world. Read today!.



Related Posts

From Meeting at a Wedding they Both Didn’t want to Attend! Here’s Tara & Tunde’s Prewedding Shoot + Love Story
4/ 5
Oleh

Subscribe via email

Like the post above? Please subscribe to the latest posts directly via email.