Wednesday 9 January 2019

I have been fair to Igbo despite getting low votes from southeast in 2015 - Buhari

- President Buhari said the allegation that his administration is marginalizing Igbo is untrue

- Buhari explained that despite getting low votes from the southeast, he has been fair to the Igbo-dominated region in terms of appointments

- The president listed four ministers he appointed from the southeast region

President Muhammadu Buhari has reacted to the recurrent criticisms that his administration has not been given equal and required attention the southeast geopolitical zone which consists mainly of Igbo people.

President Buhari dismissed the criticisms that he is marginalizing the southeast, adding that despite getting low votes from people in the region during the 2015 elections, he had been impartial in his appointments.

The Punch reports that the president stated this during an interview aired on Arise TV on Monday, January 7.

READ ALSO: President Buhari reacts to alleged plan to extend IGP Ibrahim Idris' tenure

The president said: “Somebody made an observation that I was not patronising the Igbo from the southeast. I told him that when I won the election, I studied the amount of votes I got from all the geopolitical zones.

“I said I got 198,000 from the whole of the southeast, which virtually any local government can give me. But I appointed ministers of foreign affairs, labour, industries, and investment, mines and tech; these four; I never knew them from Adam. Ministers of States from seven states of the north are under these ministers. How fair do you want me to be?”

PAY ATTENTION: Download our mobile app to enjoy the latest news update

Meanwhile, Legit.ng previously reported that President Buhari called on the Nigerian media to expose his wife, Aisha, and his son, Yusuf if they ever get any government deals.

The president said his wife, son and any member of his family should be exposed if found to have benefited from government deals.

President Buhari also said it is unfair for individuals, groups or politicians alike to allege that he was protecting some corrupt persons in his government while those in the opposition were being hounded.

NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng We have upgraded to serve you better.

Buhari, Atiku, Sowore, Ezekwesili? Who will win if election is held today? | Legit TV

Source: Legit.ng



Related Posts

I have been fair to Igbo despite getting low votes from southeast in 2015 - Buhari
4/ 5
Oleh

Subscribe via email

Like the post above? Please subscribe to the latest posts directly via email.