Wednesday 20 June 2018

Check out the real reason important Arsenal star will be dumping the club this summer

- Arsenal midfielder Jack Wilshere reveals he will not be renewing his contract with the north London club

- His current contract with the Emirates Stadium outfit expires at the end of this month

- He was snubbed from the England World Cup squad currently representing the Three Lions in Russia

England international Jack Wilshere has confirmed he will quit Arsenal once his current contract with the club expires at the end of this month.

The 26-year-old joined the Gunners as a youngster in 2001, and seven years later, he got his chance to play with the big boys, and since then, he has made 197 first-team appearances.

Wilshere, who spent the 2016-17 season on loan at Bournemouth was excluded from the England team currently representing the country at the 2018 FIFA World Cup tourney in Russia.

However the arrival of Unia Emery casts serious doubts over his future at the Emirates Stadium and he has revealed that he will show himself the exit door later this month.

READ ALSO: Huge disappointment for Brazil as Neymar suffers fresh injury during training session

"I felt that I was ultimately left with little choice but to make the decision that I have due to purely footballing reasons," he wrote on Instagram.

"Such was my desire to stay that I had in fact recently agreed to sign a financially reduced contract in order to commit my future to the club.

"My intention throughout these discussions has always been to remain an Arsenal player. I have been on the books at Arsenal for 17 years and have always felt part of the fabric of the club.

"Following my meeting with the new manager I was made aware that although the reduced contract offer remained, it was made clear to me that my playing time would be significantly reduced should I decide to stay.

PAY ATTENTION: Become a member of the leading sports Facebook group 'Naija Football Fan Zone'

"I am sure everyone can understand that at this point in my life and career I need to be playing first-team football and following my meeting with Mr Emery I came away feeling that it would be very difficult for me to do so at Arsenal.

"Given this, I feel I have no option but to pursue other opportunities in order to progress my career on the pitch."

The Three Lions midfielder was offered a fresh five-and-a-half-year deal in 2012, and had been in talks "for a number of months" about a new contract.

PAY ATTENTION: Click on link to get World Cup fixtures on NAIJ.com

He was part of the 2014 and 2015 FA Cup-winning sides and helped the Gunners beat Manchester City 3-0 in the 2014 Community Shield at Wembley.

NAIJ.com earlier reported that Wishere told Arsenal to allow him leave the club on loan before the transfer window ends on August 31, 2017.

The 24-year-old has been plagued with series of injuries and he is yet to start a game for the Gunners this season.

PAY ATTENTION: Click on link to get World Cup standings on NAIJ.com

To make matters worse, Wilshere has now dropped from the pecking order as he is Arsenal's sixth choice in midfield following the arrival of Granit Xhaka from Werder Bremen.

The former youth player now appears behind Santi Carzola, Aaron Ramsey, Mesut Ozil, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and the Swiss midfielder.

Super Eagles Score 1:1 with DR Congo Team Simba in Port Harcourt - on NAIJ.com TV

Subscribe to watch new videos

Source: Naija.ng



Related Posts

Check out the real reason important Arsenal star will be dumping the club this summer
4/ 5
Oleh

Subscribe via email

Like the post above? Please subscribe to the latest posts directly via email.