Wednesday 9 August 2017

Kenyan woman delivers at polling station, names her baby-girl "Ballot"

A Kenyan woman identified as Paulina Chemanang, has made headlines for welcoming her baby while standing in line during the 2017 presidential elections in Kenya.

During the recently concluded 2017 presidential elections held in Kenya, a woman made headlines alongside the people looking to get into power.

The woman, Paulina Chemanang, had been standing in line where she was waiting to cast her vote at the Konyao Mixed Secondary School polling station in West Pokot County, when she started experiencing labor pains after about three hours.

According to reports, she had said "Let me vote before rushing to the hospital. This is my democratic right."

READ ALSO: Nigerian man reveals how a former employee almost stabbed him to death (photos)

Chemanang who ended up having her baby with the assistance of other mothers right there at the polling station before being taken to a local clinic, named her 'Chepkura' which means 'Ballot' in Swahili.

READ ALSO: Photo: Guy proposes to girlfriend at polling unit

Speaking after she was insisted on being brought back to vote, Chemanang said:

I am so happy because this is a blessing, having given birth at a polling station is a blessing to me and I thank God. I had no labour pains, and they just came as soon as I arrived here. I was not feeling anything since yesterday. Now I am happy because I have given birth and I have voted."

Welcome to the world baby Ballot!

Meanwhile, see what Asiwaju Bola Tinubu had to say about the recently concluded local government elections held in Lagos, Nigeria:



Related Posts

Kenyan woman delivers at polling station, names her baby-girl "Ballot"
4/ 5
Oleh

Subscribe via email

Like the post above? Please subscribe to the latest posts directly via email.